Le Château

Pour le château, notre action se résume à constituer des archives photographiques des travaux en cours.
Alain Bonnet, notre vice-président et photographe, suit jour après jour l’évolution de la restauration du premier étage, dirigée par Frédéric DIDIER, Architecte en chef des Monuments historiques, et son adjoint, Stéphane MARETS.

Le Salon

Le Salon

À savoir :
les boiseries et la cheminée de la chambre à alcôve (ou chambre du Marquis) ont été mises en place, reste la peinture ;
les fresques en trompe-l’œil de Brunetti dans l’antichambre de Madame sont en cours de restauration ;
les autres pièces sont en cours de restauration sachant que tous les plafonds sont terminés, la pose des tomettes sur l’ensemble de l’étage sera bientôt achevée ;
dans les combles : isolation thermique et installation d’un local technique.

 

Lors de la prochaine Assemblée Générale, nous vous donnerons tous les détails des travaux effectués ces derniers mois.
Actuellement, nous insistons auprès des services municipaux pour que certains travaux d’entretien soient entrepris au rez-de-chaussée : remplacement d’une vitre cassée, entretien et réfection des sols, reprise de peintures.

Enfilade rez-de-chaussée

Enfilade rez-de-chaussée

La Galerie

La Galerie

La galerie vers le jardin

La galerie vers le jardin

La Galerie

La Galerie

The Castle of Asnières-sur-Seine

The castle was built from 1750 to 1752 on the foundations of the house of the Countess of Parabere, mistress of the Regent; it was a purchase of the Marquis Voyer d’Argenson-Marshall of the King’s camp and army. The design is from Jacques Hardouin Mansart de Sagonne, the King’s architect; a lot of artists took part in the interior and exterior decoration like Nicolas Pineau and his son who were the best decor designers of the 18th century.
The main façade is in front of the garden; on each side of the central door are original sculptures-Apollo and Venus and above there is the head of Jupiter-maybe this is King Louis XV.There are also three stairs to get into the castle. The other facades have a lot of windows on the ground floor and the first floor.
There are several rooms inside the castle.
The « GALLERIE », the most important room of the castle; there were a lot of masterpieces of painters from several countries of 16 and 17 centuries, there were also statues of bronze and some of marble.
The « GRAND SALON » or « SALON OVALE » was a reception room. There are two doors, one to the dining room and the other one to the garden. There was a chimney in marble with mirrors on each side; there were several settees, armchairs and many chairs.
The « SALLE À MANGER » is a big room with pillars of marble and several stoves and fountains. There were four big tables for meals and tables for games. There was a chandelier of crystal.
The « CHAMBRE DU MARQUIS ». The marquis’s bedroom is a small room were is his bed, this room communicates with the gallery; there are several doors, one to go to the garden, one for the bathroom and the last one with the stairs to go up to his study which was on the first floor above his room.
Behind the art gallery there is a stair from the ground floor to first and second floor. Behind the great lounge there is another stair from the ground floor to the bedroom of « Madame la Marquise ». In the room of the Marquis there is a small stair from his bedroom to his study on the first floor.